Sunday, August 9, 2009

Untitled Flannel


I have been wanting to try a quilt out of flannel. Flannel is so soft and snuggly. When there was a sale I got some. I saw this quilt idea on a blog and have no idea what the pattern is. I just figured out a pattern based on the blog picture. I like the alternating dark an light blocks. This is also the first quilt that I stippled/meander quilted myself. It is far from perfect but from a distance I think it looks pretty good. With some more practice I will get it down I am sure. It can be a challenge to wrangle all of that fabric around under the arm of the sewing machine. Once again this quilt is nameless. My inspiration for quilting stops when it comes to creative names.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Usually the names just pop in to my head but I am having a hard time with this one. Let me keep thinking and looking.

Mark and Kattie said...

You did such a great job on the stippling! I looked at the picture close up and I think it looks amazing! I wish I was creative with names too, I have no idea. Glad to see some new quilts in the works!

Johnsens said...

I've very impressed with the stippling, it looks amazing. One of these days I will finish the binding on my quilt and put it on my blog ;)

PS I'm with you on the flannel...I love how soft it is. Cute flannel, I always have a hard time finding cute flannel.