Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Purple Charm

I took this on our trip over the holidays to get the binding finished. It has been in the works for a very, very long time. It started out in 2003, as a chain letter I recieved, where you pass along two squares of purple fabric. With time I received quite a variety as well as the fabric my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmothers recieved. With that collection of purple fabric I decide to make things more complicated than just sewing the squares together. I saw a quilt similar to this in a book about historical quilts. This is my interpretation. I put the quilt top together and then it sat for the next 6 years waiting for me to decide what to do with the quilting. Finally, as I am trying to finish up some old projects, I pulled it out and finished it off. It is nice to be done and I think it turned out pretty neat. It is fun to look and recognize some of the fabrics. The individual square are 3 inches and the quilt ended up about 96x79.

3 comments:

Amy said...

WOW! Beautiful.

Mark and Kattie said...

It was so neat to see in person, I love it!

rockymountainhi said...

You stayed up late one night getting this done. You have those gene's in you that state you need to be doing something at all times.