
This quilt is from the past. I worked on it during a break home from college. I thought it would be fun to make a durable quilt out of old jeans. Plus I wanted to use some of the seams and pockets to make it a little more interesting. I am surprised my mom's sewing machine survived all those thick seams. When it came time to finish it I am not quite sure what I was thinking by doing the border and the backing out of denim as well. Yes, it looks good but it weighs a ton. About 15 pounds. This was before I tried machine quilting myself and so it is just tied in the corners of the squares. I doubt have maneuvered all that weight through the machine anyway. I tend not to make things small very often and so it is quite large too, about 81 x96. On our trip home for the holidays I collected this quilt from my parents' house and now it is added to the ones littering the house.
4 comments:
It will be great for a picnic in the park.
Yeah, that thing is so heavy! But it is pretty amazing!
I used that quilt one night and I woke up sore, I felt like I was weight lifting all night.
I hope Aimee and Britney both see this as I have been saving jeans for them so they can make a jean quilt (about two boxes and growing). Your quilt looks great as usual. I will have to try your mom's suggestion of sleeping under a jean quilt to get in my weight lifting. :) Have a great day and keep blogging.
Post a Comment