Sunday, September 20, 2009

Latest project

One of the quilts I have been working on is finally finished. It is a scrap quilt and I just started laying out the pieces and this is what I came up with. Kind of random with no real order to it but fun.
Caleb is not really a fan of the back of this quilt. He doesn't think it matches. I kind of agree. I pulled a couple colors from the front and came up with this bright back. I took these pictures after I got home from work so the lighting isn't great but I wanted to show something. You also can't see the quilting very well. I tried something new. I will try and post better pictures later on.

I am debating between two names for this quilt
1. Scrippy Surprise (scrippy comes from scrappy and strip and surprise because the back is so different)
2. Remember when
Any thoughts?

4 comments:

rockymountainhi said...

I love the backing... it looks way cool!.. I like the name Scrippy ...very clever.. I like the strip down the back.. such creativity

Mark and Kattie said...

I want to see that quilt in person, because I can't see how you pieced that top together! It looks great. I think the back looks great, when you have so many colors on the front you can pick almost anything for the back.

Amy said...

I vote scrippy Surprise. Love your quilts

Jodie said...

I love this one also. What a fun quilt. And I like the back.