Friday, December 10, 2010

After the Storm

This quilt was my first with batiks. Caleb is not a big fan because of the batiks because "they look like tie-dye." But I think it looks kind of cool, especially from a distance like this picture. It is the Storm at Sea pattern and is about 65 x 75. The quilting follows the wavy pattern. The more I look at it the more different patterns I see in it, hearts, stars, circles, waves, etc. I have a bunch of leftover fabric from this so I will be doing at least one more batik quilt at some point.

4 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

that pattern is amazing!!

Johnsens said...

I really like batiks...I'm helping my cousin make a t-shirt quilt and she we did it with a couple batiks.

Mark and Kattie said...

That turned out great, looking at the whole quilt it looks pretty cool!

rockymountainhi said...

Is that us holding up the quilt?? It is sooo pretty .. I love those colors!!