Does this title make since to you? Think back to biology. Dizygotic twins
are non-identical twins. These are twin quilts--from a similar idea and fabric but non-identical. The
y are quilts for the twin girls my sister is
expecting sometime in January. I got the general idea from combining two different quilt ideas on Moda Bakeshop. I found the backing material awhile ago and was waiting for the right project. They are such fun fabrics with the birds, bugs, flowers, trees, etc. Then I did the applique on the fronts based on a motif from that fabric. I quilted them with tightly spaced meandering. And it turned nice and puffy after they were washed. I think they turned out really cute. Each is 41x45.
I am not sure this is a really good name for the quilts but it is what I thought of while trying to write this post. So if you have any better ideas, I am open to suggestions.
I am not sure this is a really good name for the quilts but it is what I thought of while trying to write this post. So if you have any better ideas, I am open to suggestions.
4 comments:
We love the quilts, I still can get over how the front applique matches a part of the fabric on the back. And I love the tight quilting, so puffy! Thanks so much.
These might be my favorite quilts yet. I love the applique too. And I think the name suits you and the quilts.
Camber, these are very cute...I especially love the one with the little bird on it.
PS I think the name is very creative as well!
these are amazing!!! they are so comfy feeling and the design you made is so exact to the other side..
Post a Comment