Sunday, February 7, 2010

Flower Boxes

This is my most recent finish. I am really happy with the way it turned out. The pattern is a modified bento box. To add a little fun I appliqued some of the flowers from one fabric around the border.
The back has the flower fabric, which can be a bit overwhelming in large quantities. So I broke it up a little with some green stripes. Since this was made for someone in mind, it made it easier to give away.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That is really cool...

Johnsens said...

Ok, I think this one is one of my favorites that you have done. I love the colors.

rockymountainhi said...

We love it. It is very amazing with the patterns and the applique flowers. You did a wonderful job.

Amy said...

It makes me happy every time I see this quilt. Perfect for the person who received it:)

Mark and Kattie said...

I have seen this fabric, and I love it. I love the added appliqued flowers, great job!

Woodward said...

Camber all I can say is WOW! This is fantastic. If you need to give any of your projects away, I know a place where they would be really appreciated. I am looking forward to see what you will post next.
Sara

Mandy Beyeler said...

I LOVE this quilt, especially how you pulled the flowers out and appliqued them. I love the material too - (I made dresses of it a while ago: http://craftedition.blogspot.com/2009/06/summer-dresses.html)